We did it again!
Chris also won the Gents Recurve title and graciously handed over the team trophies to Dean and Mike for their contribution to the overall scores. There No doubt they will feature in pride of place on the mantelpiece. We think there was no room left in the Joyce Trophy room, or they didn’t fit in with the current decor and Joyce Towers!
The weather was mixed, if not slightly miserable in the afternoon, with a rain shower successfully managing to wet all of the targets as well as most of the competitors.
The new compact gazebo worked well, only taking up a third of the tent line. In fact, the judges have one remarkably similar taking pride of place in the middle of the shooting line.
We had the luxury of an hour for lunch and fortunately there were no visits by Mr Whippy, perhaps the weather put him off…
Rumour has it that next year we might be moving venue to make way for new outdoor hockey pitches, personally I think that the ice may melt if we have another summer like this years, so the puck won’t slide very well on concrete.
- 1st Place – Burton Joyce Recurve Team A
- 6th Place – Burton Joyce Recurve Team B
- 1st Place – Burton Joyce Compound Team A
- 5th Place – Burton Joyce Compound Team B (although score wise we cam third!)
- Ladies Recurve – 5th place – Mel, 10th place – Zoe
- Ladies Compound – 2nd Place – Teresa, 6th place – Karen
- Gents Recurve – 1st place – Chris, 8th – Mike, 10th – Terry, 16th – Elliott, 17th – Steve, 22nd – Jay, 32nd – Chris, 33rd Dave, 41st Steve M
- Gents Compound – 2nd – Mick, 3rd – Shai, 8th – Robert, 10th – Dean, 13th – Dan, 14th Shawn
- Adult Novice – 2nd – Teresa, 6th – Steve M